Bienvenido, Invitado
Nombre de Usuario: Contraseña: Recordarme
  • Página:

TEMA: Kide customization and enhancement ideas...

Kide customization and enhancement ideas... 6 años 2 meses ago #20755

• zod
  • Visitante
  • Gracias recibidas 1
Hi I just moved my website from Joomla 1.5 to 3.x and as part of that I have moved to Kide Shoutbox from AJAX Shoutbox as it has not received any updates in many years and doesn't want to run in J3.x.

One of the things I personally never liked about Kide is that is lacks the simplicity and cleanness that AJAX has. AJAX Shoutbox has it's own issue though like being super buggy. So upon installing Kide the first thing I did was go in and comment out a lot of the code (which I was doing even with AJAX Shoutbox). I commented out the top buttons as well as the smilies at the bottom. I also commented out the line above message that shows the name you are posting under, that's just wasted space in my opinion...you after all know who you are. So I essentially have the shoutbox showing, the text "message:", the message box, and the send button....nothing else.

Now I have a few things I want to change in code that I am having difficulty finding:

1 - I want to change the wording of the message time stamp that gets displayed in the shoutbox. By default it will read "Last message x minutes ago". I would like the change the "Last message" and "ago" text but cannot find that anywhere in the code?

2 - When displaying the shoutbox in a page you have a box on the left that shows the users online. I would like to make that box more narrow to make that page more mobile friendly. Where do I do that?

3 - Also for the sake of being mobile firendly in the shoutbox when displayed on a page it puts a time stamp in front of the post...for example (14:54-- pagan696: who got powerball tix?). How do I drop that time stamp ("14:54-- ") off the front of posts?

Hey thanks for the help!!

Oh yeah I have a few feature/enhancement requests as well:
1 - In Kide if you are scrolled down the shoutbox reading older post and someone post something new you get popped up to the latest post. Our shoutbox is very active so that's pretty annoying. AJAX Shoutbox did not do this so there must be a way to handle that.

2 - Rather than have a whole new pop-up window/frame for deleting post why not have an X at the end of each post that only mods see. Click on the X and the post is deleted. Less steps. AJAX Shoutbox was setup like this.

3 - If people post something long, like run a bunch of words together with no space you end up getting a horizontal scroll bar. Maybe make Kide handle that with a word wrap instead of the scroll bar.

4 - All that stuff I had to comment out in code (buttons, smilies), make those on/off options in the component control panel.

Thanks for listening to my ideas and thanks in advance for the help with my code questions!
El administrador ha desactivado la escritura pública.
Los siguientes usuarios han agradecido: DjDanger

Kide customization and enhancement ideas... 6 años 2 meses ago #20757

• JoniJnm
  • Administrador
  • Gracias recibidas 544
Hi,

1. In languages/en-GB.com_kide.ini
COM_KIDE_LAST="Last message"
COM_KIDE_HACE=""
COM_KIDE_AGO=" ago"
COM_KIDE_HACE is for other languages. For example, in spanish, our "ago" is "hace" and before of the date.
So, it's: LAST HACE TIME AGO

2. The div's id is "KIDE_usuarios_top", so search it in css template file and change the width.
#KIDE_usuarios_top { 
	float: left;
	width: 120px;
	overflow-x: hidden; 
	overflow-y: auto;
	height: 355px;
	border: 2px solid;
	padding: 1px;
	margin-right: 5px;
}

3. In Joomla admin > Kide > Config > Advanced > Hour format > set it empty

--

1. You have to keep the "click" pressed

2. Maybe in future versions

3. Yes, but the "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" has no spaces, so the "word wrap" won't work

4. Did you modified the language file? Can you upload it somewhere?

Thanks!
Última Edición: 6 años 2 meses ago por JoniJnm.
Los siguientes usuarios han agradecido: zod

Kide customization and enhancement ideas... 6 años 1 mes ago #20768

• zod
  • Visitante
  • Gracias recibidas 1
Sorry for the late reply back. Thanks for the help with where to make my final edits.

In reply to Enhancement Request #1:
I know if you keep the mouse clicked the scroll won't move to the top of window if someone posts however it would be better if you did not have to hold the mouse click on the scroll at all. Someone might be in the middle of catching up on shoutBox posts and have to step away for a minute. Like I said Ajax ShoutBox doesn't do this so I am sure KIDE could be fixed to stay in place without being clicked on the scroll bar. This one enhancement would be a huge improvement to your application in my opinion.

In reply to Enhancement Request #4:
I make changes to the following files for my customizations that make a more basic/generic shoutbox:
\com_kide\templates\default\tmpl\kide.form.php
\com_kide\templates\default\tmpl\kide.php
\com_kide\templates\default\css\kide.css

I can get those changes to you if you would like to see them?

I also found a security bug which I will send to in a private message so it's not made public.
Thanks again friend!

Kide customization and enhancement ideas... 6 años 3 semanas ago #20794

• kabannof
  • Visitante
  • Gracias recibidas 5
Hi!
How to make the default sound for incoming messages has always been turned on?

Kide customization and enhancement ideas... 6 años 3 semanas ago #20795

• DjDanger
  • Visitante
hi there can you please help me in editing the files for kide pro please to remove the images from top of shoutbox and the buttons under neath for images bold underlined e.t.c what files do i have to edit and what code to remove the colour img url spoiler and youtube please

Kide customization and enhancement ideas... 6 años 3 semanas ago #20796

• kabannof
  • Visitante
  • Gracias recibidas 5
kabannof escribió:
Hi!
How to make the default sound for incoming messages has always been turned on?

My answer to his own question:

The sound is always enabled:

file
\components\com_kide\helpers\user.php

line
$this->sound = $params->get("sound", 1) ?  $session->get("sound", 0, 'kide') : -1;

change it to
$this->sound = $params->get("sound", 1) ?  $session->get("sound", 1, 'kide') : -1;
Los siguientes usuarios han agradecido: mijau, Faramir_39

Kide customization and enhancement ideas... 6 años 3 semanas ago #20797

• zod
  • Visitante
  • Gracias recibidas 1
DjDanger escribió:
hi there can you please help me in editing the files for kide pro please to remove the images from top of shoutbox and the buttons under neath for images bold underlined e.t.c what files do i have to edit and what code to remove the colour img url spoiler and youtube please

I make the following edits to remove everything from the top as well as the delete pop-up as I don't care to moderate my shoutbox:
\com_kide\templates\default\tmpl\kide.php

Comment out the top buttons
//$this->display("botones");

Comment out the delete post pop-up
//$this->display("mostrar");

I also find that the shoutbox saying "Username" at the bottom is really unnecessary. I comment that out in kide.form.php like so:
<!-- Commenting this section out makes the "Name: username" go away
<div>
<?php echo JText::_("COM_KIDE_NOMBRE"); ?>:
<?php if ($this->user->id) : ?>
<em id="KIDE_my_name"><?php echo stripslashes($this->user->name); ?></em>
<?php else : ?>
<input maxlength="20" size="15" maxlength="13" type="text" name="KIDE_nuevo_nick" onkeyup="return kide.change_name_keyup(event, this)" onblur="kide.change_name(this)" value="<?php echo stripslashes($this->user->name); ?>" />
<?php endif; ?>
</div>
-->

Kide customization and enhancement ideas... 6 años 2 semanas ago #20803

• kabannof
  • Visitante
  • Gracias recibidas 5
Offer:
when you click on the user name in the main window - in the text box appears nickname of the user.

Kide customization and enhancement ideas... 6 años 2 semanas ago #20805

• kabannof
  • Visitante
  • Gracias recibidas 5
kabannof escribió:
Offer:
when you click on the user name in the main window - in the text box appears nickname of the user.

Hi!
Again the answer to your question))

Add appeal to the chat by clicking on the nick:

/components/com_kide/templates/default/tmpl/kide.msgs.php

after the line
<?php echo $this->order=='top'?$this->copy:$p_tiempo; ?>
add
<script type="text/javascript">
     jQuery(document).ready(function(){
     jQuery('#KIDE_output span').click(function(){
     var copy_name = jQuery(this).text();
     jQuery('#KIDE_txt').val(jQuery('#KIDE_txt').val() + '>>' + copy_name + ': ');
            });
     });
    </script>
example of the work here Prognozmatch.ru
Done!
Última Edición: 6 años 2 semanas ago por kabannof.
Los siguientes usuarios han agradecido: JoniJnm, mijau, Faramir_39
  • Página:
Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.244 segundos