Bienvenido, Invitado
Nombre de Usuario: Contraseña: Recordarme

TEMA: Username problem in the chat

Username problem in the chat 7 años 9 meses ago #19858

Hi.
I recently updated the chat to the latest version on my site, and i have some issues that i need some help to nail down.

For some users the chat works very well, but others cant see the userlist or chat at all. If I enter the chat on my main PC or laptop everything works as expected in both FF, IE and Chrome. When i enter the chat on my 2nd PC i get the chat as usuall, but there are no names in the user list and i cant type any messages. The correct name is displayed above the message textbox (so the login should be valid) but nothing in the user list. This is the same in all the 3 browsers so idont think its a cookies/cache issues? Its the same no matter what user i log in and their premission levels.

While i have been troubleshooting this i found out that if i open my chat to non-registed users, my loged in users that cant see the userlist, are able to chat but still dont see any names. For others where the chat works perfectly they are then listed as guest_####.

Any ideas on what could cause this is greatly appriciated.

Thanks
El administrador ha desactivado la escritura pública.

Re: Username problem in the chat 7 años 9 meses ago #19883

• JoniJnm
  • Administrador
  • Gracias recibidas 544
Hi,

Can I look your site?

In the 2nd PC, did you try to delete the cache browser?

Re: Username problem in the chat 7 años 9 meses ago #19888

Yes i did try to clear the cache in all the browsers i did try and no luck. :(

We have now changed a different caht as we needed a bit more functionality. Website is www.badunclegames.com , but you need to register to be able to chat....

Thanks

Re: Username problem in the chat 7 años 9 meses ago #19922

• JoniJnm
  • Administrador
  • Gracias recibidas 544
I don't know...

I tested and it works.

When you are in the 2nd PC, and it doesn't work. Can you do file > save as... > html. Zip it and upload the file here?
Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.064 segundos