Bienvenido, Invitado
Nombre de Usuario: Contraseña: Recordarme

TEMA: Refresh settings & pop up chat request

Refresh settings & pop up chat request 9 años 7 meses ago #15130

• EasyEazy
  • Visitante
First of all a huge thank you for this component. Its been a huge addition to my site. However I do have a question and a request.

I was wondering what are the best settings for the shoutbox refresh rate and could you also explain to me what the sessions are in the latter settings of the parameters. I tried to look around the site for help but couldnt find anything.

Also I do have a request from my users. is it possible that the private message pop up could be displayed on any page in joomla when someone is trying to get someones attention. basically once you start a private chat it pops up on your screen and not below the shoutbox.

keep up the good work
El administrador ha desactivado la escritura pública.

Re: Refresh settings & pop up chat request 9 años 7 meses ago #15144

• JoniJnm
  • Administrador
  • Gracias recibidas 544
Hi,

The "Sesion Lifetime in minutes" is the time that a session will be kept in the data base.
The "Refresh time in seconds (sessions)" is the time to wait to search the new sessions in the database, refresh and show it in the list of users who are connected.

I have just changed it. When you are in the module and there are new private messages, it alerts you and you can open a popup. Also, when you click on the world button of the component, it will open a popup

Re: Refresh settings & pop up chat request 9 años 7 meses ago #15162

• EasyEazy
  • Visitante
Could you explain a little more please as im kinda new to all this:

Where you said:

The "Sesion Lifetime in minutes" is the time that a session will be kept in the data base.

What exactly is the "session"?

Also my users are getting times when the shoutbox doesnt refresh for them. Is this to do with the settings I have because they are idle for a certain amount of time.

Re: Refresh settings & pop up chat request 9 años 7 meses ago #15168

• JoniJnm
  • Administrador
  • Gracias recibidas 544
6 seconds is ok.

The session is... the data of the user (name, ip, color, ect). It must be saved in the db, when the user logouts, the system waits the sesion lifetime and later delete the data of this user. You can set it to 1 minute, if you want. This is not very important in this component because in each ajax call the info is updated.
Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.062 segundos