Bienvenido, Invitado
Nombre de Usuario: Contraseña: Recordarme
  • Página:

TEMA: Upgrade Kide Shoutbox without loosing MySQL DB Entries ?

Upgrade Kide Shoutbox without loosing MySQL DB Entries ? 9 años 10 meses ago #14290

• Maeni63
  • Visitante
Hi Jónatan,

i changed our Model Airplane Website Chat (only for registered users) from jPFChat (is no longer working) to Kide Shoutbox and i'm vary happy with your Product ;)

...but is it possible to change your upgrade installation to a newer release without deleting / redefining the Kide MySQL DB Entries ? I'm everytime loosing all the conversations of my colleagues and they are not very happy with that... ;)

This would be a nice feature on usability for the admins B)

best regards for your feedback
Hermann

PS: it's very hard to understand your spain site
Última Edición: 9 años 10 meses ago por Maeni63.
El administrador ha desactivado la escritura pública.

Re: Upgrade Kide Shoutbox without loosing MySQL DB Entries ? 9 años 10 meses ago #14294

• JoniJnm
  • Administrador
  • Gracias recibidas 544
Hi Maeni63,

The messages are deleted only if the table jos_kide needs changes, I think there will be no more changes, but if there are, I will try to keep them making a backup.

Re: Upgrade Kide Shoutbox without loosing MySQL DB Entries ? 9 años 10 meses ago #14312

• Maeni63
  • Visitante
Hi Jónatan,

thanks for your reply, sounds good and makes me confident to use your Shoutbox for the future :-)

regards
Hermann

Re: Upgrade Kide Shoutbox without loosing MySQL DB Entries ? 9 años 10 meses ago #14328

• Maeni63
  • Visitante
Just upgraded to 0.5.4 now using your nice SEND button, which is needed for i.e. iPhone using/entering messages in Kide.

But there is still a problem which was also present at 0.5.1. Whenever you add a Smiley and save (or apply) you will be forced out of the joomla backend. Fortunately the new Smiley is saved...
...but i have now added 42 additional Smileys and had to re-login 42 times. This is boring ;-)

Can you please fix this ? ...and additonaly, please preserve manually added Smileys too (as entered Messages Problem, see above) during an upgrade to a newer/next Kide Release ?

Thanks for your excellent work providing your Shoutbox, i'm still almost happy with it :-)

regards
Hermann

Re: Upgrade Kide Shoutbox without loosing MySQL DB Entries ? 9 años 10 meses ago #14330

• JoniJnm
  • Administrador
  • Gracias recibidas 544
Oh, sorry :S

The smileys and message won't be deleted never more :)

Re: Upgrade Kide Shoutbox without loosing MySQL DB Entries ? 9 años 10 meses ago #14331

• Maeni63
  • Visitante
Fine ! :-D

And the kicking out of the Backend during Save ? Could you reproduce the error ?

Re: Upgrade Kide Shoutbox without loosing MySQL DB Entries ? 9 años 10 meses ago #14333

• JoniJnm
  • Administrador
  • Gracias recibidas 544
Saving an icon? I don't know what you mean :(

If there is a php error, please, put it here

Re: Upgrade Kide Shoutbox without loosing MySQL DB Entries ? 9 años 10 meses ago #14337

• Maeni63
  • Visitante
Ok, it seems that my english ist not clear enough ;)

Within the Backend, in the Kide-Admin to add/modify/delete Smileys, the Menu is called 'icons' in my joomla-installation (therefore perhaps i used the term 'icon'). Ok ?
Don't know if it's named otherwise in another language...but definitely where to manage the Smilyes.

Ok, with 'New' to create an new Smiley Definition with the needed Code and Image, this works ok to define a new Smiley (or modify a already defined Smiley).

But if you want to store this new (or modified) Smiley, the next screen i always got is the Admin Login Screen and had to re-login, and select Kide-Admin Component again and again.
Checked if the new Smiley is added ist ok, can found it, fine, but the forced logged-off is very unconfortable.

Try add a new Smiley and look if you are also forced logged off.

Hope this was better described :laugh:

Re: Upgrade Kide Shoutbox without loosing MySQL DB Entries ? 9 años 9 meses ago #14353

• Maeni63
  • Visitante
No Feedback on this ?
  • Página:
Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.087 segundos